Tips for enjoying the outdoors
We have collated some tips for those who are venturing into the forest, onto the land or the lake. Sit still in the boat and don't forget your life jacket.
The right of public access to the countryside
In Sweden, everyone has the unique opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, thanks to the right of public access. There are, however, certain things to keep in mind when you are outdoors.
Learn more about the right of public access to the countryside
You must purchase a camping voucher if you plan to spend the night at one of the pleasant campsites surrounding the lake. All proceeds from the camping vouchers go directly towards the continued development of campsites in the area.
Here you will find where to buy your camping voucher.
A few tips on how to make your nature experience even better:
- Tip for cyclists - A mini pump and repair kit for punctures are handy things to keep in your backpack.
- Tip for hikers - Are you walking far? Make sure your feet get used to your walking shoes in order to avoid blisters.
- First aid - A first aid kit with bandages, pressure dressings etc. is handy to carry in your backpack.
- Hat and sunscreen - A hat and sunscreen are recommended for both adults and children.
- Drink water! - It is important to drink plenty to maintain the fluid balance in your body.
- Quick-release energy - Snacks are handy for between food breaks if you plan to be out for a long time.
- Take plastic bags - You can use them to protect your phone, collect rubbish and as shoe protectors on slippery ground.
- Mosquito repellent - A good mosquito repellent is a good idea when you are out and about.